For 2023, I had lots of super specific goals, and I accomplished a lot of them, but I needed more room for other projects and changes in plan. Many plans were derailed when the new quilting space came up, but at least it was for a fantastic and exciting reason!
This year, I am simplifying my goals into two primary categories with sub-goals. When opportunities arise throughout the year, my first question is whether they fit my overarching goals. Are they creative? Do they promote connection?
- Do a 100-day project starting on January 1st that finishes the day before my birthday- (It’s a leap year, so it will end early this time!)
- Complete a quilt started in 2023 using a more in-depth look at the potholder technique in quilting.
- Design and publish 10 patterns, including Quilt Concert 2024. Add at least half of these to my print pattern offerings with fabric bundles when appropriate.
- Print panels of the Zoo Family Portrait to make the design accessible for non-FPP quilters
- Produce at least two quilts appropriate for quilt show entry.
- Three Classes (five sessions total) at QuiltCon
- With Guilds and Shops virtually or in person
- Explore stand-alone virtual classes
- Vend for at least two quilt shows to share my designs and connect with other quilters
- I’ll be vending at the AQS QuiltWeek in Paducah for sure!
- Blog at least once a week (I’m on a two-and-a-half-year streak for this one!)
- Weekly on this blog
- Create several posts for the BERNINA We All Sew Blog
- Partner with other bloggers and/or companies as appropriate opportunities arise
- Get a grasp on SEO with the hope of connecting with a broader audience
- Send a weekly newsletter (I’ve sent one every week for two and a half years, so hopefully, I’ll keep it up!)
- Post consistently on Instagram
- At least once a day for the first 100 days of the year for my annual 100-day quilt.
- 4-5 posts a week when I’m not doing a time-based project
- Develop YouTube content and establish a strategy for posting.
What are your quilting goals for the new year?
Are there certain projects you want to make? Skills you hope to learn? Have you always wanted to make a particular style of quilt?
Is there anything you want to learn, but can’t find a class or resource for?
Let me know in the comments. If I have that skill set, it may become a class or video! (But no promises!)