Around the beginning of every year, I like to look back on the previous year. I have usually accomplished more than it feels like I have, and 2018 was no exception.
- I started the year with a 100 Day project which culminated in Resonance. Aurifil liked it so much they displayed it in their booth at Spring Quilt Market. Later in the year, I became an Aurifil Artisan!
- In January, Lissa of LovinglyLissa.com and I finished the QuiltCon Charity Quilt for the Central Ohio MQG quilt that we designed together.
- QuiltCon 2018 also included four of my quilts in the contest. Lateral Ascension (upper left of the photo below) even received third place in the Minimalism category! (It also received an honorable mention at AQS Spring Paducah and a 2nd Place at AQS Grand Rapids!)
- My first cover quilt also came around last year. Raise the Roof is a particular favorite of mine, and it also received a third place at the American Quilter’s Society Fall Paducah Show.
- Upward Perspective was a mini made for a Curated Quilts Challenge, and it was selected for inclusion in the magazine!
- In 2018 I also started my second Block of the Month with Dabble and Stitch in Columbus, Ohio. This year’s quilt has pictorial representations of key Columbus landmarks.
- I also designed the 2018 Row by Row for Dabble and Stitch. The theme was music, and I based the block on the state song, Beautiful Ohio.
- My most exciting moment of 2018 was having my quilt, Infused Plaid, added to the permanent collection of The National Quilt Museum.
- The 2018 colors of the year were Ultra-Violet (Pantone) and Tiger Lily (Kona), and I had a great time putting them together into this quilt! Zenith received a second place in the Modern category at the American Quilter’s Society Fall Paducah Show.
- As 2018 drew to a close, I had exciting news that three of my quilts, including Complementary Convergence (below), were selected for QuiltCon 2019! I have added sleeves and labels to them this week, and will be shipping them off at the beginning of next week- now that is a great way to start 2019!
Shasta MatovaJanuary 12, 2019 at 9:16 am
What a wonderful year you have had! So many gorgeous quilts and great accomplishments. My favorites are Resonance and Upward Perspective.
DaniceJanuary 12, 2019 at 7:33 pm
All so gorgeous. I love your quilting style and work. Looking forward to a creative 2019.