The final block of the 2023 is a set of simple yet striking diamond blocks. Make sure to join us next week when we start putting the quilt together!
This post is packed full of information, so keep reading for all of the details about the block and how to win this week’s giveaway!
(This post may include some affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and choose to make a purchase, I receive a small percentage of the sale at no cost to you. These funds help keep this blog running and the Quilt Concert FREE for everyone!)
Block 9 Instructions
The final block of Quilt Concert 2023 is also the only one not directly inspired by a traditional quilt block. Instead, we designed Diamonds in the Sky to complement and tie together the other eight blocks in the quilt and create a sense of movement in the negative space of the quilt.
The instructions are available to download for free through 11:59 pm Eastern on Thursday, August 17, 2023. If you miss the free download, you can purchase the Block 9 instructions alone for $2.50 through the end of the quilt-along. The full pattern is available for purchase at any time through my Etsy Shop.
How-To Video for Quilt Concert 2023 Block 9
The best part of Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) is that once you learn a few basic techniques, you can construct any FPP design. To help you learn these techniques, we are offering instructional videos for each block of the quilt-along. This week Lissa is sharing techniques and tips for constructing Quilt Concert 2023 Block 9.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
Sew Fine Thread Gloss is back for another year, and sponsoring block 9. For me, Sew Fine is a must-have for hand stitching. It keeps thread tangling to a minimum, makes stitching a smooth process, and the scent is divine!
For this weekly prize, Sew Fine is sending one lucky winner in Canada or the US a set of three glosses!
Sew Fine Thread Gloss is a beeswax based scented (and unscented) thread conditioner to help tame your unruly threads and make your hand-sewing a more enjoyable experience.
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Sew Fine Thread Gloss
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2023 and #quiltconcert2023block9
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is available to residents of the US and Canada.
- Post a photo of your Diamond in the Sky blocks using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, August 17, 2023 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, August 19, 2023. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59 pm on Monday, August 21, 2023. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Block 7 Winner
For more information about Quill Concert 2023, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert 2023 Announcement
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sponsors and Prizes
- Cutting Instructions
- Block 1: Pinwheel
- Block 2: Crossed Canoes
- Block 3: Small Business
- Block 4: Wheel of Fortune
- Block 5: Guiding Star
- Block 6: Perpetual Motion
- Block 7: Lucky Star
- Block 8: Flying Saucer
- Block 9: Diamonds in the Sky
- Assembly Instructions
- Quilting Suggestions
- Quilt Concert Curtain Call