Let’s get started with Quilt Concert 2023! Twinkle Twinkle starts where most quilts begin- with some cutting instructions! Since this year’s quilt is foundation paper pieced, cutting week is a bit different, so make sure to read the entire post so you know what needs to be cut!
Actually this entire post is packed full of information, so make sure to read through the whole thing to get the quilt instructions for the week and get entered to win the first weekly prize!
What We’re Cutting In Week One
Week one of quilt concert starts with cutting instructions for Twinkle Twinkle. Because we are foundation paper piecing, the fabric cutting is a bit different this year. For the first set of instructions you will need to cut the background fabric. The remainder of the cutting instructions are OPTIONAL.
The OPTIONAL cutting includes the amount of fabric that is required to complete each block. This is helpful if you plan to take certain blocks to a sew along, vacation, etc. and don’t want to take along the entire amount of fabric. You can also use this information if you are planning to incorporate stash fabrics or are going for a scrappy look.
We will provide further OPTIONAL cutting instructions with each block. If you have a favorite foundation paper piecing method that doesn’t involve pre-cutting we encourage you to use that technique.
Quilt Concert 2023 Cutting Instructions
Download this week’s instructions to get started!
The instructions are available to download for free through 11:59pm Eastern on Thursday, June 15, 2023. If you miss the free download, you can purchase the cutting directions alone for $2.50 through the end of the quilt along. The full pattern is available for purchase at any time.
How do you organize your cut fabric for Quilt Concert?
On the last page of the cutting instructions there is a page of labels you can cut out and pin to your fabrics to help you keep track of all those background pieces.
Still Need Fabric?
Fabric bundles are still available in the Daylight and Twilight color ways!
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
We are excited to announce that Hobbs Bonded Fibers is the cutting week sponsor! Hobbs is my go-to batting, and I’m thrilled that we get to share this fantastic product with you. Hobbs is sponsoring more weekly prizes as well as part of the grand prize, so there is more than one chance to win this awesome quilt batting!
The prize this week is a queen size (90″x 108″) Heirloom Premium 100% Natural Cotton Batting with Scrim Binder.
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 100% Natural Cotton with Scrim Batting is designed for quilters who enjoy using natural cotton batting and who are seeking extra strength in that batting. Strong, but also soft (and softer after each washing), Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 100% Natural Cotton with Scrim Batting is perfect for quilts where a low loft is desired.
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Hobbs Batting
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2023 and #quiltconcert2023cutting
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is only available to US residents, but we have international prizes coming up in future weeks!
- Post a photo of your cut fabric using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, June 15, 2023 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, June 17, 2023. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, June 19, 2023. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner. (If you want to know earlier, come by the Quilt Concert PJ Jam party on Friday, and we’ll announce the winner!)
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
For more information about Quilt Concert 2023, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert 2023 Announcement
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sponsors and Prizes
- Cutting Instructions
- Block 1: Pinwheel
- Block 2: Crossed Canoes
- Block 3: Small Business
- Block 4: Wheel of Fortune
- Block 5: Guiding Star
- Block 6: Perpetual Motion
- Block 7: Lucky Star
- Block 8: Flying Saucer
- Block 9: Diamonds in the Sky
- Assembly Instructions
- Quilting Suggestions
- Quilt Concert Curtain Call