We’re moving right along in the Quilt Concert (we’re over halfway through!), and block six is appropriately named Perpetual Motion. With just four segments with four fabric sections each, this is a quick, fun block to put together.
This post is packed full of information, so keep reading for all of the details about the block and how to win this week’s giveaway!
(This post may include some affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and choose to make a purchase, I receive a small percentage of the sale at no cost to you. These funds help keep this blog running and the Quilt Concert FREE for everyone!)
Block 6 Instructions
The Perpetual Motion block is based on block number 1216 from Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.
The instructions are available to download for free through 11:59 pm Eastern on Thursday, July 27, 2023. If you miss the free download, you can purchase the Block 6 instructions alone for $2.50 through the end of the quilt-along. The full pattern is available for purchase at any time through my Etsy Shop.
How-To Video for Quilt Concert 2023 Block 5
The best part of Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) is that once you learn a few basic techniques, you can construct any FPP design. To help you learn these techniques, we are offering instructional videos for each block of the quilt-along. This week I am sharing techniques and tips for constructing Quilt Concert 2023 Block 6.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
Hobbs Bonded Fibers is back as the Block 6 sponsor! Hobbs is my go-to batting, and I’m thrilled that we get to share this fantastic product with you. Hobbs is sponsoring one more weekly prize as well as part of the grand prize, so there is more than one chance to win this awesome quilt batting!
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 100% Natural Cotton with Scrim Batting is designed for quilters who enjoy using natural cotton batting and who are seeking extra strength in that batting. Strong, but also soft (and softer after each washing), Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 100% Natural Cotton with Scrim Batting is perfect for quilts where a low loft is desired.
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Hobbs Batting
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2023 and #quiltconcert2023block6
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is only available to US residents, but we have international prizes coming up in future weeks!
- Post a photo of your finished block 6 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, July 27, 2023 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, July 29, 2023. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59 pm on Monday, July 31, 2023. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner. (If you want to know earlier, come by the Quilt Concert PJ Jam party on Friday, and we’ll announce the winner!)
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Block 4 Winner
For more information about Quilt Concert 2023, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert 2023 Announcement
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sponsors and Prizes
- Cutting Instructions
- Block 1: Pinwheel
- Block 2: Crossed Canoes
- Block 3: Small Business
- Block 4: Wheel of Fortune
- Block 5: Guiding Star
- Block 6: Perpetual Motion
- Block 7: Lucky Star
- Block 8: Flying Saucer
- Block 9: Diamonds in the Sky
- Assembly Instructions
- Quilting Suggestions
- Quilt Concert Curtain Call