Woohoo! We’ve made it to the final block!
Block 16 Instructions
Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top is a mash up of two traditional blocks, and a lot of fun to put together!
The Patchwork Cushion Top is block number 1756, and the Pinwheel is block number 1262a in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
We are ecstatic to have Hobbs Batting for our sponsor again this week! The featured prize is a queen size package of Hobbs Premium Heirloom Natural Cotton Batting with Scrim.
This soft and pliable batting is made with very clean, high-grade, unbleached, long-staple, virgin cotton (which proudly displays the Cotton Incorporated Seal) combined with a very thin, polyester scrim (stabilizer) which is needle-punched into the cotton fibers. This scrim provides superior strength to the cotton, and prevents the cotton batting from stretching and distorting as it’s manipulated.https://www.hobbsbatting.com/products/hobbs-heirloom-batting/hobbs-heirloom-cotton-batting-w-scrim/
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Hobbs Batting
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertblock16
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident.
- Post a photo of block 16 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, October 7, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, October 9, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, October 11, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Congratulations to our Week 15 Winners!
For more information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!