The Wyoming Valley Block has a little bit of (almost) everything; squares, half square triangles, flying geese, and even a square in a square for the block center!
Block 10 Instructions
Let’s get started with this awesome block!
Wyoming Valley Block is number 1768 in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.
Sponsors and Prizes of the Week
We are fortunate to have two wonderful sponsors this week for a US and an international prize! The US Sponsor is Dabble and Stitch which is a fantastic online quilt shop based near Lissa and me in Columbus, Ohio. They are giving one lucky participant a $50 gift card.
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Dabble and Stitch (US residents) and The Sewing Loft (International residents)
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertblock10
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident.
- Post a photo of block 10 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, August 26, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, August 28, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, August 30, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Congratulations to our Week 9 Winner!
The winner for week 9 is @aunttamquilts, who will receive a queen size package of Hobbs Heirloom Premium Fusible 80/20 Cotton/Poly batting! Congratulations to our winner, and a huge thank you to Hobbs Batting for sponsoring this week’s prize!
For more information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!