This dynamic block is created entirely with hour glass components!
Block 13 Instructions
Malvina’s Chain may use all hour glass components, but there are a few construction techniques you’ll get to try in this block!
Malvina’s Chain is block number 2305 in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
We are excited to have our friend Sharon of Color Girl Quilts as our sponsor this week! Sharon is the creator of the Classic Curves Ruler and has an awesome online quilt shop packed with fabric and patterns.
This week, one lucky US winner will receive an Aerial Fabrics Bundle from the Color Girl Quilts Shop!
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Color Girl Quilts
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertblock13
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident.
- Post a photo of block 13 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, September 16, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, September 18, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, September 20, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Congratulations to our Week 12 Winner!
The winner of the three Color Builder Boxes from Aurifil is @fat8quilt. Congratulations to our winner and a tremendous thank you to Aurifil for sponsoring this week!
For more information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!