Give and Take is a bit of a visual balancing act, but this version of flying geese really helps to bring the quilt together.
Block 12 Instructions
The flying geese in this block are constructed using a different method than we have used before, and I think you’ll like it!
Give and Take is an original block design inspired by flying geese motifs.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
We are thrilled to have Hobbs Batting as our sponsor again this week! The prize for block 12 is available to all US participants, and it is a Queen Size Package of Hobbs Heirloom Premium 80/20 cotton/poly Black Batting. Black batting is ideal to enhance dark quilts!
It is made using color-fast, dyed cotton fibers to provide quilters with a batting that not only keeps the fabric colors true, it will not create light fiber lint on the quilt top during the quilting process. Think how much time you’ll save by not having to de-lint your newly finished quilt top!https://www.hobbsbatting.com/products/hobbs-heirloom-batting/hobbs-heirloom-premium-80-20-black-cotton-blend-batting/
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Hobbs Batting
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertblock12
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident.
- Post a photo of block 12 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, September 9, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, September 11, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, September 13, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Congratulations to our Week 11 Winners!
The international winner for this week is @dutchiemcleod, and they will receive their choice of ten blocks from The Sewing Loft! Congratulations to our winner, and a big thank you to The Sewing Loft for sponsoring this week!
For more information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!