Are you ready to sew? I know I am! For week two of the Quilt Concert Quilt Along we are constructing block one, Fox and Geese around a Double T.
This post is packed full of information, so keep reading for all of the details about the block and how to win this week’s giveaway!
Week 2 Instructions
The Fox and Geese block has a solid square in the center, so it is an excellent block to combine with another pieced or appliquéd design or even incorporate a bit of fussy cutting. For those of you keeping track, Fox and Geese is block number 2132 in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Blocks.
The Double T block echos the flying geese motif in the Fox and Geese block making it an excellent pairing. The Double T block is number 1662d in the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Block.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
Our fantastic sponsor for week two is Sewforever Quilting by Becky Campbell.
Becky has written a special post for Quilt Concert participants, so make sure you check it out!
The prize this week is a set of Lucy Boston templates from the English Paper Piecing made Modern Series!
Self-stick templates eliminate pre-turning, basting/gluing, whip stitching, and pulling papers out. Use the templates to cut fabric shapes, including fussy cutting.https://sewforever.com/collections/english-paper-piecing-made-modern/products/lucy-boston-english-paper-piecing-made-modern-templates
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Sewforever by Becky Campbell
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertblock1
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is only available to US residents, but we have international prizes coming up in future weeks!
- Post a photo of block 1 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, June 24, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, June 26, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, June 28, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
For additional information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!