Let’s kick off week three of the Quilt Concert Quilt Along with Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash!
Week 2 Instructions
This week’s block is an original design based on an old favorite- the Churn Dash!
The block layout that comprises the block we know best as a Churn Dash has lots of names, and the color placement in the Elongated Churn Dash Block is actually a bit closer to the Greek Cross Block. Check out blocks 1646a-d in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns for more information.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
We are thrilled to have two fantastic sponsors this week: one for US residents another for our international participants!
First up is Red Rooster, a quilt shop located in Dublin, Ohio. The nearly 4,000 bolts of fabric include wide variety of styles in the latest lines. You’ll also want to check out their books, patterns, notions, gifts, and class offerings. Red Rooster is currently featured in the Spring/Summer 2021 Issue of Quilt Sampler Magazine.
The first international (for residents outside of the US) prize of the quilt along is from Kid Giddy. She is providing a PDF Pattern of her super awesome Sew Plush Planner Organizer! Check out all of her awesome patterns in her Etsy Shop!
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Red Rooster (US residents) and Kid Giddy (Non-US residents)
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertblock2
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week we will give one prize (The Gift Certificate from Red Rooster) to a US resident, and one prize (The Sew Plush Planner Pattern by Kid Giddy) to a non-US resident.
- Post a photo of block 2 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, July 1, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, July 3, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, July 5, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Congratulations to our Week 1 Winner!
Ali of @mumbird3 is our first lucky winner. She received a queen size package of Hobbs Heirloom Bleached 80/20 Batting! Congratulations and a big thank you to Hobbs for sponsoring our first week!
For additional information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!