Are you ready to Rock?! We are kicking off week one of Quilt Concert 2021 by revealing both our quilt tops and the official name of this year’s quilt: First Notes!
This post is packed full of information, so make sure to read through the whole thing to get the quilt instructions for the week and get entered to win the first weekly prize! Also head over to Lissa’s blog to see her version of the quilt!
One of our major goals for this design was to create something that quilters of all levels could enjoy regardless of whether it is your second quilt or your seven-hundredth. Traditional blocks made with a blend of classic and modernized construction techniques make this a fun project to come back to week after week.
Week 1 Instructions
So, as they say in The Sound of Music: Let’s start at the very beginning, Its a very good place to start.
Using these instructions makes the most efficient use of your fabrics and guarantees you will have the pieces you need as you work through the weekly blocks.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week!
We are excited to announce that Hobbs Bonded Fibers is the first weekly sponsor! Hobbs is my go-to batting, and I’m thrilled that we get to share this fantastic product with you. (Hobbs is sponsoring four weeks and contributing to the grand prize package, so keep an eye on these weekly posts to find out about some of the different battings they offer!)
The prize this week is a queen size (90″ x 108″) Heirloom 80/20 Bleached Cotton/Poly Batting!
Heirloom® Premium Cotton Blend is made from 80% long staple cotton fibers and 20% fine polyester. This combination of fibers creates a strong, long-wearing batt and is very easy to handle. The batting is lightly needle punched and treated with a soft resin to provide stability to the fibers and prevent the polyester from bearding. This process makes Heirloom® Cotton Blend Batting uniquely easy to quilt by hand.https://www.hobbsbatting.com/products/hobbs-heirloom-batting/
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Hobbs Batting
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertcutting
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is only available to US residents, but we have international prizes coming up in future weeks!
- Post a photo of your cut fabric using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, June 17, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, June 19, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, June 21, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
For additional information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!