We are making the final cornerstone block this week! This block embraces the use of strip piecing and half square triangles.
Week 8 Instructions
The final corner of the Quilt Concert 2022 medallion quilt is block number 1851.5 in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns. The original block is unnamed, so we decided to call our version City Square.
The instructions are available to download for free through 11:59pm Eastern on Sunday, July 24, 2022. If you miss the free download, you can purchase the Block 5 instructions alone for $2 through 11:59pm Eastern on Thursday, August 4, 2022. The full pattern is available for purchase at any time.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
Who doesn’t love a gift card?! We are thrilled to have Hancock’s of Paducah as our sponsor this week! I look forward to shopping there during the Paducah quilt show each year, and their online shopping is just as extensive. One lucky winner will receive a $50 gift card to spend on their favorite fabrics, notions, and anything else that strikes their fancy at the shop!
Established in 1969, Hancock’s of Paducah holds three generations of fabric knowledge service and selection. Their vision is to promote artistic creativity through textiles.
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Hancock’s of Paducah
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2022 and #quiltconcert2022week8
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is available to participants in the US.
- Post a photo of block 7 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, July 28, 2022 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, July, 30, 2022. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, August 1, 2022. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Make sure to watch your Instagram Direct Messages! We had to re-draw the week five winner, and we hate it when someone misses out on a prize!
Week 5 Winner!
@franticquilter is the lucky winner of one of my favorite prizes- a 2021 Color Builder box from Aurifil. Each block contains three large spools of 40wt thread as well as a foundation paper pieced pattern (that I designed!) for an endangered species. I am so excited to hear which color way our winner has selected! Congratulations Rosemary, and a huge thank you to Aurifil for sponsoring the week 5 prize!
Week 6 Winner
@lindas_full_circle_studio is the lucky winner of a six month subscription to Make Modern Magazine! Make Modern is packed with projects and inspiration, and I’m sure our winner will love it. Congratulations Linda, and a big thank you to Make Modern for sponsoring the Week 7 prize!
For more information about Quilt Concert 2022, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert 2022 Announcement
- Quilt Concert 2022 FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Cutting Instructions (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 1: Nine Patch T (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 2: Lucky Clover (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 3: Hayes Triangle Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 4: Hayes 4 Patch Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 5: Optical Illusion (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 6: Crossroad (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 7: City Square (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 8: Towers (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 9: Interconnection (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 10: Flying Geese (Lovingly Lissa)
- Quilt Concert Assembly (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Quilting Suggestions
- Final Round Up and Grand Prize Announcement