Can you tell we are getting close to the end of Quilt Concert 2022? This week we are making the Connection Collection blocks! This group of blocks works with the blocks you have already constructed to help create the final layout.
Week 10 Instructions
This week is about simple components to complete the design including half square triangles, strip sets, and Nine-patch blocks.
The instructions are available to download for free through 11:59pm Eastern on Sunday, August 7, 2022. If you miss the free download, you can purchase the Block 9 instructions alone for $2 through 11:59pm Eastern on Thursday, August 18, 2022. The full pattern is available for purchase at any time.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
Aurifil is back as this week’s sponsor! They make my favorite thread, and this week one of you will get to share in the fun!
Aurifil is an accomplished Italian company based in Milan, specializing in the production of 100% Cotton threads from the Mako region of Egypt. The threads have achieved worldwide success thanks to a dedicated collective of quilters, sewists, embroiderers, and textile artists who herald the thread for its versatility, its strength, and the fact that it produces virtually no lint.
One lucky winner anywhere in the world will receive a three pack of 40wt thread from the 2021 color builder series! The winner will choose from one of the twelve boxes and will receive the thread along with a foundation paper piecing block pattern (that I designed!) inspired by the endangered species that inspired the color palette for that month.
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Aurifil
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2022 and #quiltconcert2022week10
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is available to participants anywhere in the world!
- Post a photo of block 9 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, August 11, 2022 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, August 13, 2022. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, August 15, 2022. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Week 8 Winner
The winner of the amazing $50 Gift certificate to Hancock’s of Paducah is @well_trained_heart_quilts! Congratulations to our week 8 winner, and a huge thank you to Hancocks of Paducah for sponsoring this week!
For more information about Quilt Concert 2022, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert 2022 Announcement
- Quilt Concert 2022 FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Cutting Instructions (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 1: Nine Patch T (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 2: Lucky Clover (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 3: Hayes Triangle Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 4: Hayes 4 Patch Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 5: Optical Illusion (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 6: Crossroad (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 7: City Square (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 8: Towers (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 9: Interconnection (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 10: Flying Geese (Lovingly Lissa)
- Quilt Concert Assembly (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Quilting Suggestions
- Final Round Up and Grand Prize Announcement
Quilt Concert 2022: Cutting Instructions – The (not so) Dramatic LifeSeptember 15, 2022 at 5:31 pm
[…] Block 9: Interconnection (The Not So Dramatic Life) […]