Give yourself a round of applause- We’re halfway through the Quilt Concert blocks this week! Lissa and I decided that the mid-point in the concert was the perfect time to make the middle of the quilt.
Week 6 Instructions
This week’s block takes center stage on our medallion quilt and is based on the Optical Illusion block that is number 1240 in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.
The instructions are available to download for free through 11:59pm Eastern on Sunday, July 10, 2022. If you miss the free download, you can purchase the Block 5 instructions alone for $2 through 11:59pm Eastern on Thursday, July, 21 2022. The full pattern is available for purchase at any time.
Watch the video Tutorial!
The Optical Illusion block includes Half Rectangle Triangles (HRTs) which is a new technique for the Quilt Concert Series. In addition to the step by step instructions in the pattern, I’ve made a short video tutorial to take you through the process.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
We are thrilled to have Make Modern Magazine as our sponsor this week! I subscribe to this digital magazine, and I am always excited to see the release of a new issue.
Make Modern is Australia’s only dedicated modern quilt magazine. It began in 2014 when a group of passionate quilters had a dream of producing a magazine for quilters, by quilters, filled with beautiful patterns and articles to inspire quilters like us to make more modern quilts!
One lucky winner from anywhere in the world will receive a six month subscription to the magazine!
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Make Modern Magazine
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2022 and #quiltconcert2022week6
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is available to participants anywhere in the world!
- Post a photo of block 5 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, July 14, 2022 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, July, 16 2022. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, July 18, 2022. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Week 4 Winner!
@LoveLarry54 is the lucky winner of the first queen size package of Hobbs Heirloom Premium 80/20 cotton/poly blend batting! Congratulations Susan, and a big thank you to Hobbs for sponsoring week 4 of Quilt Concert 2022!
For more information about Quilt Concert 2022, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert 2022 Announcement
- Quilt Concert 2022 FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Cutting Instructions (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 1: Nine Patch T (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 2: Lucky Clover (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 3: Hayes Triangle Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 4: Hayes 4 Patch Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 5: Optical Illusion (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 6: Crossroad (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 7: City Square (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 8: Towers (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 9: Interconnection (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 10: Flying Geese (Lovingly Lissa)
- Quilt Concert Assembly (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Quilting Suggestions
- Final Round Up and Grand Prize Announcement