We have lots of half square triangles this week with part 1 of the Hayes Corner Block!
There is another great prize this week, so keep reading to find out how to win!
Week 4 Instructions
Quilt Concert 2022: Seasons of Love uses lots of Hayes Corner blocks, so we have split the components across two weeks. This week is all about the half square triangle components, and next week we will construct the four patch sections. The Hayes Corner block is number 1377 in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Blocks.
The instructions are available to download for free through 11:59pm Eastern on Sunday, June 26, 2022. If you miss the free download, you can purchase the Block 3 instructions alone for $2 through 11:59pm Eastern on Thursday, July, 7 2022. The full pattern is available for purchase at any time.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
We are thrilled to have Hobbs Bonded Fibers back as our sponsor for week 4! Hobbs is my go-to batting, and I’m thrilled that we get to share this fantastic product with you. This is the second of four weekly prizes Hobbs is sponsoring, and they are also contributing to the grand prize, so there is more than one chance to win this awesome quilt batting!
The prize this week is a queen size (90″x 108″) Heirloom 80/20 Cotton/Poly Batting!
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Cotton/Poly Blend Batting is wonderful to quilt by hand or machine. This batting is made with a blend of 80% natural cotton and 20% fine polyester, is needle punched, and has a light resin bonding to provide exceptional strength and durability. Close quilting yields a flat, low-loft appearance, while more space between stitching lines yields a slightly higher loft.https://www.hobbsbatting.com/products/hobbs-heirloom-batting/hobbs-heirloom-premium-80-20-cotton-poly-blend-batting/
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Hobbs Batting
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2022 and #quiltconcert2022week4
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is only available to US residents, but we have international prizes coming up in future weeks!
- Post a photo of your Block 3 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, June 30, 2022 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, July, 2 2022. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Tuesday, July, 5 2022. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Week 2 Winner!
The lucky week 2 winner is @needlewomyn and will receive a set of thread gloss from Sew Fine Thread Gloss. Congratulations Valerie, and a big thank you to Sew Fine for sponsoring the week 2 prize!
For more information about Quilt Concert 2022, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert 2022 Announcement
- Quilt Concert 2022 FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Cutting Instructions (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 1: Nine Patch T (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 2: Lucky Clover (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 3: Hayes Triangle Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 4: Hayes 4 Patch Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 5: Optical Illusion (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 6: Crossroad (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 7: City Square (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 8: Towers (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 9: Interconnection (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 10: Flying Geese (Lovingly Lissa)
- Quilt Concert Assembly (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Quilting Suggestions
- Final Round Up and Grand Prize Announcement