Let’s build some towers for either side of the quilt!
Week 9 Instructions
Some blocks in this year’s Quilt Concert are original designs that enhance the traditional blocks that make up the majority of the design. Block 8 is one of those blocks!
The instructions are available to download for free through 11:59pm Eastern on Sunday, July 31, 2022. If you miss the free download, you can purchase the Block 5 instructions alone for $2 through 11:59pm Eastern on Thursday, August 11, 2022. The full pattern is available for purchase at any time.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
We are thrilled to have Hobbs Bonded Fibers back as our sponsor for week 9! Hobbs is my go-to batting, and I’m thrilled that we get to share this fantastic product with you. This is the third of four weekly prizes Hobbs is sponsoring, and they are also contributing to the grand prize, so there is more than one chance to win this awesome quilt batting!
The prize this week is a queen size (90″x 108″) Heirloom Premium 80/20 Cotton/Poly Batting!
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Cotton/Poly Blend Batting is wonderful to quilt by hand or machine. This batting is made with a blend of 80% natural cotton and 20% fine polyester, is needle punched, and has a light resin bonding to provide exceptional strength and durability. Close quilting yields a flat, low-loft appearance, while more space between stitching lines yields a slightly higher loft.https://www.hobbsbatting.com/products/hobbs-heirloom-batting/hobbs-heirloom-premium-80-20-cotton-poly-blend-batting/
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Hobbs Batting
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2022 and #quiltconcert2022week9
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize is only available to US residents, but we have international prizes coming up in future weeks!
- Post a photo of your Block 8 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, August 4, 2022 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, August, 6, 2022. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, August 8, 2022. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Week 7 Winner
@Quilterbirgit is the winner for week 7 sponsored by The Whimsical Workshop! This winner will receive a fabric bundle from the Island Batiks Woodcut Blossoms line of batiks. Congratulations Birgit, and a big thank you to Whimsical Workshop!
For more information about Quilt Concert 2022, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert 2022 Announcement
- Quilt Concert 2022 FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Cutting Instructions (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 1: Nine Patch T (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 2: Lucky Clover (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 3: Hayes Triangle Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 4: Hayes 4 Patch Corner (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 5: Optical Illusion (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 6: Crossroad (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 7: City Square (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 8: Towers (Lovingly Lissa)
- Block 9: Interconnection (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Block 10: Flying Geese (Lovingly Lissa)
- Quilt Concert Assembly (The Not So Dramatic Life)
- Quilting Suggestions
- Final Round Up and Grand Prize Announcement