Last year Lovingly Lissa and I set out to create a free Summer sew-along with the first annual Quilt Concert titled First Notes. This year we are excited to bring you a new design for this year’s Quilt Concert, and if you keep reading to the end, you’ll see a sneak peek of the design!
Today we are taking a look back at last year’s event!
Why a Concert?
Concert (verb) Arrange by mutual coordination
Lissa and I worked in concert to select traditional blocks and re-mix them using alternate grid work to create a new, contemporary version of a sampler quilt.
We had over 45 participants finish and submit a quilt top during the quilt along, and over 20 sponsors!
Here are just a few of the finished quilts from the First Notes Quilt Along:
How did it work?
Each Friday during the quilt along, Lissa and I released a new set of instructions. Participants had a week to make their block and post on Instagram using that week’s hashtag. There was at least one prize for each week, and a grand prize drawn from those people who submitted an image of their finished quilt top. We also held a virtual meet up each Friday night for anyone who wanted to join in!
Here are links to the weekly posts if you would like to see how Quilt Concert 2021 came together:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: Grand Prizes
- Quilt Concert: Quilting Ideas
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up Part 1!
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up Part 2
Can I still get the pattern for Quilt Concert 2021?
The Quilt Concert patterns are only free for a short period of time, but you can purchase the pattern here!
What is the design for Quilt Concert 2022?
We went with a variation on a medallion this year! The full design will be revealed soon, but here is a sneak peek!