We are spinning into place with the Whirligig block!
Block 14 Instructions
Whirligig may have been my favorite block in the entire quilt to construct, and I hope you enjoy it too!
Whirligig is block number 1266e in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.
Sponsors and Prizes of the Week
We are thrilled to have two amazing sponsors this week! The prize for a US resident is a $20 gift card from a wonderful quilt shop local to Lissa and me, Sew to Speak! Sew to speak carries tons of inspiring quilting and apparel fabric, yarn, patterns, notions, and Juki sewing machines! It is a fun shop to visit, and they have online shopping as well.
The international prize this week is a six month digital subscription to Make Modern Magazine! Each issue is packed with great articles, awesome projects, and tons of quilt-y inspiration. Make Modern is a personal favorite of mine, and have subscribed for years, so I am sure that our winner will love it too!
How to Win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Sew to Speak (US Residents) Make Modern (International Residents)
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertblock14
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident.
- Post a photo of block 14 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, September 23, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, September 25, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, September 27, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Congratulations to our Week 13 Winner!
The winner of the queen size package of Hobbs Black Premium Heirloom 80/20 cotton/poly batting is @chauber75! Congratulations to Cheryl and a huge thank you to Hobbs for sponsoring this week!
For more information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!
Rebecca GraceSeptember 22, 2021 at 8:46 am
I love your whirligig blog — it’s your fab color mix that really makes it a standout. And I love Hobbs’ 80/20 black for dark quilts, too!
Quilt Concert: First Notes Block 16 – The (not so) Dramatic LifeOctober 8, 2021 at 12:44 am
[…] Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig […]