Fool’s Puzzle isn’t for fools! I love this unexpected configuration of flying geese- isn’t it amazing the wide variety of layouts you can achieve with a single type of component?
Block 5 Instructions
Let’s download this week’s block and dive in!
Fool’s Puzzle is number 3224 in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.
Sponsor and Prize of the Week
Oliso is sponsoring our giveaway for this week, and you won’t want to miss this one! Oliso is giving one lucky participant living in the US or Canada one of their awesome Mini Irons! I keep mine next to my sewing machine while I foundation paper piece, and it really streamlines the process.
How to win!
All prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Oliso
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertblock5
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident. This week’s prize goes to a US or Canadian resident, but we have several fully international prizes coming up!
- Post a photo of block 5 using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, July 22, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, July 24, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, July 26, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Congratulations to our Week 4 Winners!
For more information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!