It’s almost time to select the Grand Prize winners for the 2021 Quilt Concert Series: First Notes! Our fabulous sponsors have been extremely generous, so we are able to offer three prizes: one international, one for US residents, and a third for residents of the US or Canada. The entry process for the grand prize is different than the weekly prizes, so keep reading to make sure you are entered to win!
Don’t forget that we still have some amazing weekly prizes this week and next, and these, along with the week 17 winners, are further down in this post!
Worldwide Grand Prize
A participant anywhere in the world will receive a six month subscription to Make Modern Magazine!
US Grand Prize
This terrific prize bundle is sponsored by Hobbs Batting, Sew to Speak, Red Rooster, and Dabble and Stitch!
Hobbs Tuscany 100% Wool Batting is made with the very finest superwashed wool that is carded and bonded to retard bearding and this superwashing process successfully smooths the scales on wool fibers, making the wool pleasant to the touch and less likely to shrink.https://www.hobbsbatting.com/products/hobbs-tuscany-batting/hobbs-tuscany-100-wool-batting/
Sew to Speak
I am totally in love with the prize from Sew to Speak! It is a fat quarter bundle of Carolyn Friedlander fabrics and coordinates!
Are you ready for a new project? Want to build your stash? Red Rooster is providing a $50 Gift card!
Dabble and Stitch
Check out this fun fat quarter bundle provided by Dabble and Stitch!
US and Canada Grand Prize
For our US and Canadian participants, we have a Grand Prize Sponsored by Oliso and Sew Fine Thread Gloss!
Sew Fine Thread Gloss
An amazing set of thread gloss is also heading to our winner from Sew Fine Thread Gloss!
A Prize for Everyone!
Lissa and I want to send all participants who complete their quilt tops by the end of the sew along, 11:59pm October 28, 2021, a small gift! This gift will go to everyone, anywhere in the world, who submits a photo with their mailing address to the form linked in the “How to Win the Grand Prizes” section below.
How to Win the Grand Prizes!
To be entered to win the grand prizes, you will need to attach a photo of your quilt to the form linked below. This form will also ask for your mailing address so we can send you a small prize as a thank you for participating in the first Quilt Concert! We will use the photos you send in the final Quilt Concert: First Notes blog post that will feature a photo roundup of the quilts made this year. Your photo may even be used in ongoing Quilt Concert materials!
Weekly Sponsors and Prizes of the Week
We have two fantastic prizes this week, one for US residents and one for a participant anywhere in the world!
Lissa and I used Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns to help design Quilt Concert: First Notes, so we are thrilled that Electric Quilt has provided a copy of the book for one lucky US winner!
How to Win the Weekly Prize!
You have until midnight EST October 28, 2021 to submit your quilts for the grand prize, but we are still doing some awesome weekly prizes along the way based on your Instagram posts. Once you have completed your quilt top and posted it with all of the necessary hashtags and information, you are automatically entered to win the weekly drawings. That means that you only need to post your completed quilt top one time to be eligible for all future weekly drawings for Quilt Concert 2021. The earlier you post your quilt top the more weeks you have a chance to win.
All weekly prizes will be drawn based on Instagram posts, so make sure you have a public account in order for us to see them!
- Follow both hosts on Instagram: Lissa and Cassandra
- Follow our weekly sponsor on Instagram: Electric Quilt (US) and Kid Giddy (worldwide)
- Use the primary and weekly hashtags: #quiltconcert2021 and #quiltconcertquilttop
- Tell us in your post if you are a US or international resident.
- Post a photo of your quilt top using a public Instagram account by 11:59 Eastern on Thursday, October 21, 2021 (if you don’t want to make your primary account public, you can always create a second, public account to use for this quilt along and other projects like this)
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be contacted via Instagram direct message by Saturday, October 23, 2021. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the message with their mailing address by 11:59pm on Monday, October 25, 2021. If the prize is not claimed at that time, we will select an alternate winner.
(This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.)
Congratulations to our Week 17 Winner!
The winner of the queen size package of Hobbs Premium Heirloom Natural Cotton Batting with scrim is @inspiremegrey. Congratulations, Elizabeth, and a huge thank you to Hobbs Batting for providing this week’s prize!
For more information about the quilt and our sponsors, check out the following posts:
- Quilt Concert Announcement
- Quilt Concert FAQ
- Quilt Concert Sponsors
- Quilt Concert Design
- Quilt Concert Cutting Instructions
- Quilt Concert Block 1: Fox and Geese Around a Double T
- Quilt Concert Block 2: Elongated Churn Dash
- Quilt Concert Block 3: Pinwheel
- Quilt Concert Block 4: Antique Tile Block
- Quilt Concert Block 5: Fool’s Puzzle
- Quilt Concert Block 6: Pinwheels and Squares
- Quilt Concert Block 7: Good Luck Token
- Quilt Concert Block 8: Flying North
- Quilt Concert Block 9: Eddystone Light
- Quilt Concert Block 10: Wyoming Valley Block
- Quilt Concert Block 11: Flying Kite
- Quilt Concert Block 12: Give and Take
- Quilt Concert Block 13: Malvinia’s Chain
- Quilt Concert Block 14: Whirligig
- Quilt Concert Block 15: Wayward
- Quilt Concert Block 16: Pinwheel Patchwork Cushion Top
- Quilt Concert: Putting it all together
- Quilt Concert: Grand Prizes
- Quilt Concert: First Notes Round-up!